Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOW


Today is the second day of the big storm for us, that will hit 1/3 of the United States.  We were just starting to have more snow yesterday (Feb. 1).  Hubby has decided to take the Bronco as the computer kept saying it had snowed all day Jan. 31, in Show Low where he works (another 1,000 feet high).

It is starting to snow and it snowed most of the day yesterday.  Feeding the fire was a must for the whole day.  This made it a nice and cozy place to be as it snowed.

My dogs had no problem sleeping and resting by the wood stove.  The sun came out now and then and they basked in it for the short time it was out.

We had more snow this morning, but not as much as we have had.  We must have been on the outskirts of the huge storm that hit so many states.  It was 3 degrees when I looked at my computer this morning around 9am.

It was a cold wet snow again this morning (Feb. 2), so once again we got the snow booties on my dogies.  I thought it was frozen enough but one of the dogs came in limping first time out.

Fritz seems to be saying, as he looks at me with those big pleading eyes, are you sure these are necessary.

I sat looking out my window and read my Bible with my cup of hot cocoa this morning.  The wood stove was nice and warm. Today was one of my honey's full day, so he was up early building the fire.  He is so good to do that for me.  I just do not function in the cold.
I guess I will never be that woman that wakes early in the morning to build a fire for her household.  If it is really going to be cold (like 15 below wind chill tonight) I get up every 3 hours and feed the wood stove to save on the electric heater bill.  That has to count for something.

Well it is clouding up and it looks like it is snowing on the mountains and headed this way.  A lot of the storms go over us headed to other parts of the country.
Keep warm all of you where it is snowing, praying you do not suffer too much from it.  Stay home if at all possible if it is bad.  

No comments: