Wednesday, December 28, 2016

RAINY BAKING DAY



RAINY BAKING DAY


It was raining when I got up this morning. It is unusual for it to rain this time of year. It usually snows instead. But we will take the rain for the fruit trees as a blessing from the Lord.

It was a perfect day for baking.

Dear Hubby's cookie jar was getting empty and it just seemed festive to bake this time of year as well.

I made the Chocolate Chip recipe out of the “Better Homes and Garden New Cookbook”.

I will make me some cookies that I can have. They are a peanut butter cookie with rolled oats in them. I really enjoyed them the first time I made them and not too many calories for a little snack.

The PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES recipe comes from the internet site SparkPeople. It was posted by BUDGETMOM.

I am not a big cookie fan, but these little gems satisfy a sweet tooth craving.

I had some apples that were not going to be too crispy to just eat so decided to make an apple pie.

I used Marlene Knoch's Pie Crust recipe out of her 375 Sensational Splenda Recipes. I used this recipe before and dear Hubby liked it too.
The recipe has corn starch in it which was unusual to me.  I have seen recipes from the 1940's that used a little baking powder. 

I doubled the recipe for the top crust. Calorie wise next time I may do a lattice on top, or just make some cute cut outs with a cookie cutter to put on top.

The cookies and the pie turned out really good.  Dear Hubby enjoyed both even if pie is his favorite.

Hope every one had a Merry Christmas
Nina

No comments: