Tuesday, September 26, 2017

FILLING THE PANTRY & ROOT CELLAR

 

Today Dear Hubby and I worked on canning tomatoes. I set up my oster machine with the attachment that takes the skins and seeds out of the tomatoes.

Dear Hubby cut the tomatoes up so I could cook them down until soft. Then I run them through the oster machine.

While he did that I canned some yellow wax green beans. Then I started working on the tomato pulp and chopped onion. I cooked it for a little while.  Then filled the half pints with the pulp.

I used the half pints as 8 oz. Is the amount I use a lot of for cooking. It is just my husband and I most of the time.  Think I will can a few quarts also for when family comes and I need to cook for them.

We did canning of tomato sauce at my son's for the last 3 days so was glad to get some done at home also. 

It was a productive day. We are looking forward to harvesting more tomatoes and having our pantry full for this winter. Especially without the extra ingredients that are in the store bought tomato sauce.

No comments: